Reddit – the most popular social media site on the internet. Because it exists in its specialty, many people are confused about what it is. If you’re a Reddit member, you may have signed up with your email address, which requires you to establish a username, or with your Google Account or Apple ID.
Reddit is a social networking platform where users can publish links, text entries, photos, and videos. Every user must choose a username when they create an account. Because Reddit usernames are how users can identify one another, it’s important to choose one that you’ll keep. However, you may choose to alter your username in the future.
Reddit, the internet’s “top page,” gives new members random usernames like Unhappy-Round436 or IntroductionSecret7 by default. Naturally, usernames are not chosen arbitrarily, and all users are allowed to pick any accessible username. However, many people miss the deadline and hunt for ways to change reddit usernames later. So, if you’re one of them, we’ll demonstrate how to change a reddit name in simple steps.
Reddit claims to have more than 52 million daily active users worldwide. However, its “recommended usernames” frequently perplex new users, prompting them to reset their usernames. So, if you want to make a more customized Reddit username, keep reading. This post will show you how to modify your Reddit username and display name on both the application and the website.
Reddit Account Made Using Email
When you signed up for a Reddit account with your email address, you had the choice to pick a username. That username is attached to the account indefinitely.
In other words, if you signed up for Reddit with your email address, you won’t be able to alter your username. This is something you can’t do on Reddit.
Reddit Account Made Using Google/Apple Account
That’s not all, though. You could change your username if you signed up for Reddit with your Google or Apple account. When you choose this technique to establish an account, Reddit provides you a random username, which you can alter within 30 days of creating the account. Let’s take a look at how to change username on reddit website and app.
What to Keep in Mind Before Editing Your Reddit Username
The first and most crucial thing to bear in mind about altering your Reddit username is that you can only do it if Reddit recommends your username to you. That, too, only applies if your profile is fresh and you haven’t used it for a long time. You cannot alter your Reddit username if you have previously picked a customized username for yourself or if you have been using Reddit for a long time.
Meanwhile, you can modify your ‘Display Name’ on Reddit at any moment. Display Name is the one that will appear on your profile page, but your current username will stay in all of your postings, comments, and responses. If you don’t want that to happen, the only method to permanently remove your Reddit username is deactivating your account. Then you can create a new profile and start over.
How to Change Your Username on the Reddit App (Android and iOS)
- Open the Reddit app and log in to the account you wish to alter the username for. Next, on the slide-out menu, touch on your profile picture in the top-left area and choose ‘My profile.’
- Reddit will now remind you if you want to keep your Reddit-assigned username or change it to anything else. Change your username by tapping ‘Change Username’ and entering a new one. When you are finished, select ‘Next’ in the top right corner.
Lastly, press the ‘Save Username’ button to authenticate your action and change your Reddit username. Your new username will appear on your profile page and in any posts or comments you make on the site.
Change Display Name on Reddit App (Android and iOS)
Alter your display name if you can’t change your username on Reddit. This is how it’s done:
- On the top-left side of the Reddit app, tap on your profile picture. Then select the ‘My profile’ option from the drop menu.
- Tap the ‘Edit Profile’ button on the following page. The option to update your display name will now appear.
- You can replace your display name with whatever you like if you don’t exceed the 40-character restriction. When you are finished, click the ‘Save’ button in the top-right corner. On your profile page, your new Display name will now appear.
Change Display Name on Reddit Website
On the Reddit website, here’s how to update your display name:
- Log in to Reddit, go to your profile’s top-right corner, and click on your profile picture. Select ‘Profile’ from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click the gear icon (Settings) following your profile avatar on the next page.
- You will now have the option of changing your display name. Within the 40-character restriction, change it to whatever you wish. Your modifications will be saved automatically.
- Return to your profile page, and instead of your username, you will see your new display name.
Create a New Reddit Account Using the Same Email Address
If you just have one email address but want different Reddit accounts, this method will come in handy. If you add a + sign to your email address, you will create a new account. Let’s look at an example. Let’s say your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, and you have a Reddit account linked to it. You can register at email@example.com if you wish to establish a new account using the same email address.
The good news is that Gmail treats this email the same as any other, so you’ll continue to receive all email messages at that address. Sending oneself an email and checking if you get it is a good way to test this. This method works on various social media platforms, including Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and others.
That’s all there is to know about changing your Reddit username and creating a new account.
- How to Fix Avast Not Opening on Windows?
- How to Fix Margins in Google Docs
- How To Fix Discord Screen Share No Audio Issues
- How To Fix “YouTube Filters Not Working”
- How To Fix Discord Overlay Not Working
- How To Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Error
- How to Delete Recommended Videos on YouTube
- How To Fix Audio Renderer Error Please Restart Your Computer
- How to Access Steam Screenshot Folder
- How to Make A Saddle in Minecraft
Screenshot Credit: Reviewsed.com