When attempting to call a contact, some iPhone users have reported receiving the error message “Last Line No Longer Available.” It turns out that the error message has been known to appear following a recent upgrade, after which the device cannot select a line to initiate the phone call that you want it to start. The eSIM being active after a particular update is typically the cause of the issue; however, it’s not always the case. Just keep reading because we’ll teach you how to fix the error message in question.
As it turns out, when you enable the eSIM on your phone and simultaneously use a conventional SIM, the device may become confused about which connection to use when attempting to make a call, which might lead to an error message. The issue can also occur if Wi-Fi calling or network selection are turned on in particular circumstances. Let’s go over the many sources of the problem so that you have a better knowledge of it before we go on to the various strategies you may take to remedy it.
Wi-Fi Calling Enabled – When you have Wi-Fi calling enabled, that might be one of the causes of the error message in the discussion. In this case, disabling it from your phone’s settings will be necessary to fix the problem.
- The network selection option on your phone occasionally might also result in the error message shown above. You have the option to either manually or automatically pick a network using network selection. It turns out that disabling automatic network selection is what you need to do to fix the problem.
- Recent Call Logs are the primary cause of the error message in question. According to reports, the problem has been affecting contacts who were already in your recent call records before an upgrade. As a result, to resolve the problem, you will need to delete the call logs.
After going over the list of potential reasons, let’s move on to the several approaches that can be performed to resolve the issue. So let’s get started straight now without further ado.
Disable Wi-Fi Calling
WiFi calling is helpful for individuals who frequently find themselves in locations with reliable WiFi service but limited phone reception. However, issues like the “last line no longer available” error message can occasionally arise with WiFi calling. You can resolve the issue by turning off WiFi calling; find out how to do it here.
- Launch the Settings app on your phone first.
- Select the Mobile Data option from the Settings app. This could be referred to as Cellular in earlier versions.
- Tap the Wi-Fi Calling option in the Mobile Data settings.
- Check to see if it is disabled there.
- Try making a phone call after you’ve done that to see whether the error message is still displayed.
Disable Network Selection
Network selection might be another factor contributing to the issue in question. If you are unaware, network selection is how your smartphone chooses which cellular network to connect to. Your SIM card, as well as other factors like the modem, might affect the networks that are accessible to your phone. According to certain user complaints, the issue was resolved once the automated network selection feature was disabled. Follow the steps listed below to do this:
- Start by launching your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Navigate to Mobile Data in the Settings app, which some iOS versions refer to as Cellular.
- Tap the Network Selection option when you get there.
- By clicking the given slider next to Automatic, make sure the automatic network selection is off there.
- After doing that, make another attempt at initiating a call to check whether the issue persists.
Clear Recent Call Logs
Clearing up your recent call logs is the first thing you should do if you run across the issue in question. As we’ve already indicated, there are some situations where the issue may start with recent call records that were maybe already there before an upgrade. Aside from that, there have also been instances of the issue only affecting contacts included in recent call records. Therefore, to fix the problem, you must delete the call history on your cell phone that was just made. This has been reported as a solution by several individuals who were experiencing the problem.
To do this, comply with the guidelines listed below:
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone, choose the Recents tab at the bottom of the screen, and then touch “Edit” in the upper right corner.
- Next, select or press “Clear” located in the upper left corner of the screen. Choose “Clear All” to verify the removal after that. Restart your iPhone right away.
Try dialing the default contact once your device has restarted. You have solved the problem if the pop-up doesn’t appear.
Other Possible Solutions
Try some of these other possible solutions for resolving the error.
Try switching between SIMs
For calling reasons, iOS lets you swap between SIMs. You have the option to alter the default line you’ve specified for calls and texts. Try using a different Sim in your iPhone if the “Last Line No Longer Available” problem still prohibits you from making calls from the default line.
- To call a specific person, tap the “i” button next to their name. Then, select your primary phone number and then an alternative number.
- Tap the primary phone number and select the backup SIM when calling a number manually.
Update Carrier Settings
To resolve the “Last Line No Longer Available” problem on your iOS device, updating the carrier settings is another option you should attempt. By updating the carrier setting on your device, you can possibly fix the issue if it is caused by a carrier network. The good news is that carrier providers regularly release updates to improve the cellular network’s overall effectiveness and remove occasional problems.
- On your iPhone, launch the Settings app, then select General -> About. Possibly a notice requesting you to change the carrier settings will now appear.
- After that, simply click “Update” on the pop-up message, and you’re ready to go!
Remove and Reinsert Your SIM
None of those above suggestions failed to help you solve your problem. So take out the SIM card and put it back in. You can frequently solve cellular problems by employing this time-tested method. After turning off your iPhone, remove the SIM tray using a SIM-ejector tool. The physical SIM card should now be reinserted after a little wait.
Then, press and hold the power button to turn on your device. Now try making a call on your iPhone’s default line to check if you still receive the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ problem message.
Reset Network Settings
Resetting the network settings to factory default is the one trick I always try when I encounter a network-related problem. Since the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ problem also appears to be related to the e-SIM, we advise you to try this technique out.
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Now, input your device passcode and choose “Reset Network Settings” once more in the pop-up to confirm your decision.
Reset All Settings
Wiping away all of the old settings and starting up the device from scratch might assist when simple solutions to common iOS issues are unsuccessful. So, in order to solve the “Last Line No Longer Available” problem on your iPhone, we advise you to try this method next.
- Go to General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset All Settings in the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Enter your smartphone passcode now, and then hit “Reset All Settings” once more to complete.
Nowadays, the majority of iOS versions have a variety of issues. While some bugs are corrected in later versions, many others—especially the less noticeable ones—remain unfixed for a very long period. In addition, there are a few flaws that occasionally appear. Despite sounding negative about Apple’s mobile OS, this is the sad truth.
It’s possible that the problem is to blame if you continue to see the error when calling the default line. Therefore, fixing the issue can include upgrading the software.
- Download and install the most recent version of iOS by going to Settings > General > Software Update on your iPhone.
The approaches described above cover the majority of ways to fix the “Last Line No Longer Available” problem on your iPhone 13 or an earlier iPhone model. The issue is probably network-related, as we have indicated. Resetting the network settings or changing carrier settings are hence suggestions that are more likely to address the issue. Tell me which remedy for the “Last Line No Longer Available” problem on your iPhone worked for you. Do let us know in the comments if you have any other ideas for fixing this bothersome problem.
- Boost Your Anonymity with a TOR VPN
- Dark Side of 5, 9 and 14 Eyes Surveillance
- 8 Benefits Of Using a VPN Service
- How to Fix Vizio TV Remote Sensor not Working
- How To Use Roblox FPS Unlocker And Can You Get Banned For Using it?
- 20 Sad Anime Movies On Netflix To Make You Cry Your Eyes Out
- 16 StreamEast Alternatives
- Ultimate Guide: PSD To WordPress Conversion Process