The two most important features of a website are – user-friendly design & efficient functionality. Excelling in one aspect will not make the website effective. Everything comes down to code & design. Understanding PSD to WordPress conversion is Critical. Pixel-perfect business websites & picture-perfect Ecommerce integrations are a few benefits. Your website can integrate all desired attributes.
This is possible with the control of Photoshop & functionality of WP. This information will screen you for the process of establishing & directing a customized website from a PSD design and style formation to WordPress transformation. A WordPress development company & its teams can help you understand the procedure.
Learning the PSD To WordPress Conversion Process in detail
WordPress comes with several prebuilt themes. But still, you need an exclusive design for your business website. A PSD to WordPress converter proves to be beneficial for this scenario.
Here are some easy steps to follow. The measures will let you know how to convert PSD to a WordPress theme.
- Cutting Photoshop documents into images – PSD comprises portions of images. It is essential to cut the PSD into autonomous images. The next step is saving the images as discrete image files. Adobe Photoshop can help to achieve this. Now separate those images that you want to incorporate into a web page.
Stuffing images can be harmful as it can slow down the page’s loading speed. Optimizing selected images is possible with offline or online tools. Image arrangement is also possible using the slider, header, background, footer, etc.
- Create CSS & HTML files – It is very easy to create static website pages with CSS & HTML. But for proper PSD to WordPress integration, deep insight is necessary.
It is time to craft an HTML & CSS file in the second step. The former is for web page code & latter is for the design part. Creating and editing the files is also very simple with tools such as Notepad.
- Create file. For example name it Home.html
- Craft another file. Name it as Stylesheet.css
- After opening the Home.html file, write basic code for the footer, header, and body tags
- It is important to incorporate proper references to ‘class’ & ‘id’ while creating
- Tags are necessary for connecting to the CSS file
- Save your HTML file
- Open Stylesheet.css file
- Write the fundamental styling code
- Use the same ‘id’ for defining design features of fields like content, header, and footer
- Add before sliced images in the correct position in the CSS file. Checking the live web design is possible on several platforms
- Implanting WP theme structure into HTML file – Your HTML & CSS files are now ready. Integrating the files in the WP environment is now possible.
Now it is time to start with the WP file structure for proper PSD to WordPress theme development.
- WordPress files are in the programming language, PHP. Gaining some knowledge on this is important
- Two important files of WP are style.css & index.php. These are quite like those before created files. This means integrating these won’t be challenging. Yet, WP comprises several other PHP files as well. The names are footer.php, header.php, and sidebar.php
Now we will break up the code. By doing this, the code will fit as per every file. This list will help you understand it better
- PHP – comment template file
- PHP – homepage file
- Front-page.php – template for the static front page
- PHP – this file is important to create a common sidebar for every post & page
- PHP – it helps to describe a common header template for every page
- PHP – this is for standard footer template for every page
- Download a WordPress theme of your preference for your website. Upload the theme to the hosting panel
- Check the website in your browser. The browser will comprise that default theme design
- Open your index.php page. Substitute the respective code with that code that is in the Home.html file
- Now perform the same with the style.css file. You can do this by substituting the particular code with the Stylesheet.css file that you created before
- Save all the files
- Check the website design once again in your browser
- You can witness the live new design
- If you want any changes in the code or design of the page, you can go ahead
Add WP tags & functions – WordPress contains all-inclusive annals of functions & tags. Using the tags & functions on the website is possible. You will find most of the tags if you want to edit a present theme for making PSD to WordPress responsive.
- But if you develop WP themes right from scratch, it will be important to discover proper WP tags to the theme.
- More uses of the tags accessible on WordPress.org
- You must position every tag in the proper place. Placing needs to be in respective pages of the theme
- This makes it vital to know in depth about coding. If you are not comfortable, there is PSD to WordPress service provider available
- If you do not know much about PHP language, you must not try to create a WP theme right from scratch. You always get such advice from experts.
- After making these changes, now it is time to launch the WP theme
- Now comes the functionality part. You can add new posts, content, or pages for creating an eye-catching website for users
After testing every element, it is time to populate your WordPress site with apposite content. Then you can Go Live! WordPress is a website platform that can help create a robust website presence for your business. With WordPress functionality & Photoshop design competence, you get your hands on a visually stimulating online website. This helps in boosting digital marketing campaigns as well.
Yet, PSD to WordPress development is somewhat challenging. Not everyone can get hold of the concept. But not to worry, as PSD to WordPress conversion service is currently available. Make sure to appoint a reputed WordPress development company. This is for availing of the best PSD to WordPress service. Get in touch to know more. Connect with us today.