“SmartScreen can’t be reached right now” is a widespread error you may come across while trying to access windows built-in apps. This can occur in any version of Windows but is more common to windows 10, so here we are going to discuss it concerning Windows 10. There is no one particular reason behind it because many simple things can lead to this problem unknowingly.
If you are going through this SmartScreen accessing problem, then each time you open or access any windows app on your PC, such as the clock or MS office apps, your windows screens display this message that SmartScreen can’t be reached right now. Therefore, we have covered the best possible solutions to resolve this issue along with its primary causes.
Fixes to “windows SmartScreen can’t be reached windows 10 issue
Here, we have integrated the best tactics to resolves the ”SmartScreen can’t be reached” problem on your own. Try out all of these, one by one, until you find the best working solution.
Enable the SmartScreen first
Firstly, check that either the SmartScreen is enabled on your PC or not. Because there is always a possibility that the specific service you are trying to access may be in a disabled state. If your SmartScreen is disabled, then you need to enable it as soon as possible.
To enable SmartScreen on your PC, you need to follow the sated procedure in a similar order.
- Open the windows settings interface by searching it in the search tab.
- Click on the Update & security option available in the Windows settings menu.
- Select the windows security option from the left panel menu.
- Click on the app & browser control option available in the windows security menu.
- Select the warm option available below the “check apps and files” tab.
- Click on SmartScreen for Microsoft edge option to turn it on if it is off.
- Select the warm option available below SmartScreen for the Microsoft store apps tab.
- Reboot your PC to start the system with the enabled SmartScreen feature.
The second step you may take to get out of this situation is to check the maintenance status of SmartScreen, as this is a cloud-based feature, and it becomes unavailable during its maintenance period. If the SmartScreen is in a maintenance state, you can only wait until the maintenance process is completed automatically. Otherwise, if it isn’t in a maintenance state, there may be any other reason behind its unavailability, and you can try the proceeding solution to resolve the problem.
You can check the maintenance status of SmartScreen through various online forums or platforms, or you can search it on google.
Create a new window account
Sometimes the Windows account you are using on your computer may get corrupted via any infected file, which may stop the functioning of SmartScreen. In such cases, you have the option to create a new windows account, and you can also add more than one user account on your PC.
You can easily create new windows account on your PC or add extra user accounts by following the steps stated below.
- Click on the windows icon and type “Settings” to access windows settings.
- Select the Accounts option from the windows setting menu.
- Choose the email & accounts option from the left panel menu.
- Here, removes the current account.
- Then, click on the “Add an account” option to add a new user account.
- Choose a particular account type, such as Google.
- Proceed by adding the credentials of your account.
- In another way, you will just need to click on the “family & other users” option from the left panel menu.
- Select the option “add someone else in this PC” available under the “other users” tab.
- By following these ways, you would be able to change your Windows account quite easily.
Many people use proxy services on their devices, and the use of proxy service on the computer can also be the cause of this SmartScreen problem. If you are facing the SmartScreen issue for the same reason, then you would need to disable your proxy server locally on your computer.
Few simple steps are required to disable proxy on your computer.
- Click on the windows icon to open window settings.
- Select the network & internet option from the settings menu.
- Click on the proxy option available on the left panel menu.
- Click on the use a proxy server option to turned it off.
- After applying changes, reboot your PC to start the system with updated changes.
Disable windows defender
Suppose you have installed any antivirus app on your PC or any default Windows defender app on your computer. In that case, you can also block the SmartScreen service temporarily, and this may lead to the unavailability of SmartScreen. You may need to disable the window defending services or firewalls to resolve the access issue of SmartScreen.
You can disable the window defender or firewalls on your computer by following the given steps one by one.
- Click on the windows icon and enter settings in the search tab to access windows settings.
- Select the Update & security option from the menu of the available settings.
- Click on the Windows security option available in the left panel.
- Select the firewall & network security option from the available menu.
- Turn off firewall from public & private networks.
- Reboot your PC to start the system with implemented changes.
Video Guide To Fix “Windows Smartscreen Can’t Be Reached” Error
Windows SmartScreen can’t be reached problem seems annoying, but its solution is in your own control. The information we have shared would be enough to identify the cause of this issue in your case. Then you can opt for a suitable solution to get out of this state quite easily. We explained the solutions to this problem in detail, and all of these are easy to practice. Hopefully, this will enable you to resolve the issue successfully.