If you check out the Marketplace, you will find the Avast antivirus software as the most popular and one of the best antivirus services out there. AVAST offers its high-quality security services to its users in both free and paid subscription plans.
There are no AVAST compatibility doubts with Windows 10. However, the users who have installed the Avast application on their Windows 10 operating system shared their experience of encountering a particular loading error in Avast antivirus.
In this specific problematic event, the AVAST won’t open or load in the system even if you wait longer to get it to load, and you won’t see any error message there.
What causes Avast not loading in Windows 10?
The occurrence of errors is pretty common in software applications. Generally, users come across specific error messages during the malfunctioning of any computer program. What would be more frustrating and disturbing than a problem that doesn’t come up with an error message. In such a case, figuring out the actual error cause can be an extremely challenging job. From the formulated reports based on users’ experience, we have reached out to a few most likely reasons for AVAST not loading error.
Malfunctioning Avast Antivirus Application
This seems quite simple, but it is a fact that sometimes there might be an issue with the proper functioning or service of Avast software. For such a basic or common issue, you can definitely expect a more straightforward fixing way, such as just restarting the Avast antivirus application.
Corrupted Avast Antivirus
There is a possibility that the Avast might have been installed corruptly for specific reasons. If you think this can be the cause of the AVAST not opening error in your case, then you can go for a clean installation option or repair the Avast software.
Best Fixes to “AVAST not opening windows 10” error
If you have succeeded in identifying the exact error cause, the fixing process becomes super easy. Given the aforementioned likely error causes, here are few quick fixes as explained below.
Restart the Avast application
If the antivirus services are not running correctly, then for sure, Avast will not open. To address such an issuing event, you can firstly go for the restarting option; in many cases restarting the specific application serves as a quick fixing way to get over any related common error.
Though the restarting process is relatively easy, you still have to follow specific steps to resolve the Avast not working problem.
- Firstly, launch the Run utility by pressing Windows + R key.
- Type a command “services.msc” in the Run dialogue box and click OK or press Enter to proceed on. (You can also approach the services menu by searching it in the search bar.)
- Navigate to the Avast antivirus services in the “Services” window and right-click on it to access its “Properties.”
- Now check the Service status of Antivirus services in the Properties’ General tab.
- If the status is Stopped, keep it the same but if it is in the Started state, then click on the Stop button.
- Make sure that the option located next to the “Startup type” is set to Automatic.
- Verify all the dialogue boxes that you may encounter in setting the startup type to Automatic manually.
- Likely you may come across an error message while clicking on the Start option. As follow:
“Windows could not start the Avast Antivirus service on Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process.”
- If you encounter such an error message in actual, you need to follow the below-stated measures.
- Access the Avast services’ Properties window as explained earlier.
- Then Proceed to the “Log on” tab and click on the “Browse” button.
- Enter the name of your account in the entry box located below the option “Enter the object name to select” and click on the “Check names” button.
- Hold on for few moments until your account’s name becomes available there.
- Then click on OK to finish the process and enter your password if you have set up a password prior.
Repair Avast Antivirus Software
If the installation of Avast was not transparent, then the Avast won’t open, not even after a restart. However, repairing can resolve the Avast not loading error instantly, especially if the relative error occurs due to the corrupted installation of Avast antivirus. The repairing can be performed via the control panel. For that:
- At first, make sure to Log in to the operating system with an administrative account. (In administrative mode, you will have more privileges to modify the programs)
- Access the Control panel menu by searching it directly in the search bar or via the Run utility. (You can also opt for the shortcut key Windows + R in order to launch the control panel)
- In the Control panel, set the option View as a category in the top right corner.
- Click on the option Uninstall a program located below the Programs section.
- Navigate to the Avast antivirus application in the control panel and click on Uninstall/Repair.
- You will come across variant configuration options in the prompted Uninstallation wizard. So, select the Repair option and click on Next to proceed with the repairing process.
Note: You also repair the Avast application via Windows Settings by following the below-stated sequence.
Windows settings > Apps > Programs & features > Avast antivirus application > Repair
Perform a Clean Install
A clean install is worth implementing not only in this particular erroring event but there is no such issue that can’t be sorted out with a clean installation of Avast. If the fixes as described earlier couldn’t resolve your problem, then you can assuredly perform a clean installation of Avast; it is basically a reinstallation process of Avast by removing the existing corrupted cache of registries associated with the Avast app.
- Initially, navigate to the Avast official website and download the up-to-date version of Avast antivirus.
- In addition, download the Avast uninstallation utility from the same website and save it to your system for later use.
- Afterward, turn off your internet connection and boot your system in safe mode.
- Then open the Run utility and type the command MSConfig in the Run dialog box.
- Press Enter to proceed on.
- Choose the Boot tab in the system configuration window and checkmark the box next to the Safe boot, and click on OK.
- Restart your computer system to boot into safe mode.
- Now, run the Avast uninstallation utility.
- Locate the exact folder where you installed the Avast earlier. Make sure to find out the accurate Avast installation folder to avoid any mishap.
- Click on the option Remove and then restart your system to boot into a normal startup.
- Relaunch the Avast application to check if the problem has been resolved.
Despite being so efficient antivirus software, the Avast Antivirus application has always been affected with few issues somehow since its inception; “Avast not opening windows 10” is one of those common issues the users may encounter frequently.
In such a scenario, the Avast user attempts to launch the app, but unexpectedly the Avast won’t open at all. Though there are few fixing ways to address such an issue, we have still put forth the most effective & tested methods to get over the Avast not working state in the above discussion.
Given the likely error causes, the Avast users can either go for repairing or clean reinstallation process. Because the issue may not always be due to incompatibility with the OS, in fact, in most cases, it can be due to corrupted installation of the Avast Software.